Monday, January 25, 2010

Q&A: Washed Out

Q: Dear Jackie,

I am addicted to the color white. My New Year's resolution was to add more color into my life. Every time I go to pick out colors at the hardware store, or shop for bright accessories, I freeze like a deer caught in headlights! Please help me spice up my living room with some color!

“Washed Out”, Malibu, CA.




A: Well, “Washed Out”, you came to the right person! I just so happen to be addicted to color! Let's find a happy medium that will satisfy both of us. First of all, starting from a fresh clean pallet is always a good idea; in your case you are set! It depends on the look that you want to achieve. Since you live in Malibu, by the ocean, I think we should keep it pretty light and airy feeling, while achieving the punch in the accessories. I think adding a sea glass color to the walls would do the trick. Let's also add some pops of color on these sofas, throw pillows in fun bright colors, some solids mixed with some bright patterns would be perfect. We definitely want to warm the space up with a warm colored rug under the coffee table, possibly something with a pattern. In the future, if you ever want to invest in a new piece for this space, I would consider a medium wood coffee table to ground the room. After you discover how much color will make a difference in this room, you will no longer be afraid to splash right in! Send after photos when you finish your new bright colorful space!



Good luck, and most of all have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment